Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date with
the latest HFLOR/HIMACS design trends and news.
LX Hausys uses its definition of Green Identity in developing eco products. Our top priorities in product development are ‘Eco-Friendly’ products that are made from eco-friendly materials to deliver more natural and enjoyable living spaces as well as Zero-Emission’ products that are highly efficient and adopt renewable energy to help minimize GHG emissions. These principles guide our endeavors to develop new green products.
Raw Materials or Ingredients
1. Use of plant-derived materials: Use of ingredients extracted from corn
2. Product examples: Flooring (X-comfort, ZEA Sorizam, ZEA Maru - wooden floor, etc.), Wallpaper (ZEA wallcovering, etc.)
3. Use of materials that reduce CO2 emissions: Glass fiber lightweight automotive parts, bio automotive skins
4. Increased use of renewable raw materials: 16,023 tons of renewable raw materials used in 2020
1. High-insulation performance windows: Super Save Double glazing windows made with super plus low-e glazing can achieve the Energy Performance Grade
(It can be different depending on the specifications such as window model, thickness of glass, etc.)
2. High-performance insulation: High level of heat conductivity in comparison with general-purpose insulation of the same thickness
3. Lightweight automotive parts: Increase the fuel efficiency of automobiles by using automotive parts that help reduce weight via glass fiber
(Roof rack: Weight reduced by 26% when compared to using aluminum. Knee protector: Weight reduced by 38% when compared to using steel)
Products Reducing Harmful Substances
1. Sum Tile: hazardous substance adsorption and desorption capabilities
2. Launch of products that reduce the discharge of TVOC, 5VOC, HCHO* (wallcovering, interior film, automotive skin, etc.)
3. Dust filter net: developed a product for windows that reduce fine dust (90% reduction of fine dust in the air)
Eco-friendly Materials & Energy-Efficient Products
Certification of raw materials for surfaces - Certification for recycled raw materials for surface substances
LX Hausys has acquired an eco-friendly certification from SCS Global Services, an international certification body, for its use of recycled raw materials for products. We have received the SCS recycled content certification for part of solid surface products, as they are made with more than 10% of recycled raw materials. With this certification, we plan to accelerate our advance into the European market, which stresses the importance of using environmentally-friendly products made with recycled raw materials.
Recycled PET Material - GRS(Global Recycled Standard) certification for PET films for recycled furniture made
Regarding industrial films, we have developed PET films made with recycled raw materials and acquired the GRS (Global Recycled Standard) certification from Control Union in USA Films for furniture are surface finishing materials that can express various designs by attaching them to the surface of plywood, which is a common furniture material. This material is applied to various types of furniture including kitchen furniture and closets, as it allows various patterns ranging from wood to marble or metal, and gloss/matte texture to be expressed freely. LX Hausys produces PET films for furniture, which are certified by the GRS for the first time in Korea.
Reduction of harmful substances inside vehicles - Eco-friendly High-performance Automotive Skin
We released SOFINO-Green and VERNO-Green, eco-friendly skins manufactured using differentiated techniques such as minimizing the phthalate plasticizer used in existing vehicle fabrics and treating the surface with water-based coating. These products were awarded the Oeko-tex Standard 100 Class 1, which is the highest grade for babies and toddlers, thereby verifying that they are eco-friendly.
Products that Address Social Issues and Provide Customer Convenience
New Space Trends - 'LX Z:IN interior door'
In order to contribute to the creation of a luxurious first impression of our customers’ homes, we launched LX Z:IN Interior Door series products which reflect customer tastes and design trends. 'LX Z:IN interior door' provides user convenience and safety via an easy-open handle that enables comfortable and smooth opening and closing with little force, and a damper verified by undergoing a test of being opened and closed 100,000 times. Moreover, 'LX Z:IN Interior door' also comes with a max 10-year warranty. Going forward, we will provide new value via solutions and delicate designs for all spaces that require a degree of separation, such as utility rooms, bedrooms, living rooms, and kitchens, in addition to the entrance to the home.